This showstopping entree will have everyone coming back for more. It’s a simple treatment that lends an appealing sweet-tart flavor to tender ham. Sherry Thompson - Seneca, South Carolina
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, vinegar, brown sugar, water and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce mixture over the ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Spiced-Cherry Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p15
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Spiced-Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review