Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze
I have used this recipe for over 40 years and it is still a favorite of my family. My grandchildren love the sauce also on mashed potatoes.—Beverly Payne, El Sobrante, California
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy French salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar and
- salad dressing. Cover and microwave on high 30-60 seconds or until
- sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/4 cup over the ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads
- 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining
- glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces ham equals 341 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 2,045 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer