I have used this recipe for over 40 years and it is still a favorite of my family. My grandchildren love the sauce also on mashed potatoes.—Beverly Payne, El Sobrante, California
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy French salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar and salad dressing. Cover and microwave on high 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/4 cup over the ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p46
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review