Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze Recipe
I have used this recipe for over 40 years and it is still a favorite of my family. My grandchildren love the sauce also on mashed potatoes.Beverly Payne, El Sobrante, California
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy French salad dressing
- Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and salad dressing. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/4 cup over the ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >