I have used this recipe for over 40 years and it is still a favorite of my family. My grandchildren love the sauce also on mashed potatoes.—Beverly Payne, El Sobrante, California
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy French salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar and salad dressing. Cover and microwave on high 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/4 cup over the ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p46
Reviews for Ham with Ruby-Red Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"We eat this every year for Easter. It's fabulous!"