Ham with Pineapple Sauce
Drizzled with a slightly sweet pineapple sauce, these ham steaks are a delicious, speedy standby for busy nights. It's become a family favorite that I enjoy serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- In a skillet, saute ham slices in butter until warmed. Meanwhile, in
- a saucepan, combine all of the remaining ingredients; simmer for 3
- minutes. Serve over ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer