Drizzled with a slightly sweet pineapple sauce, these ham steaks are a delicious, speedy standby for busy nights. It's become a family favorite that I enjoy serving.
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- In a skillet, saute ham slices in butter until warmed. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine all of the remaining ingredients; simmer for 3 minutes. Serve over ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Pineapple Sauce in Country Woman November/December 1994, p37
Reviews for Ham with Pineapple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2015
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013
"The butter, pineapple, brown sugar, and mustard gave the ham such an amazing flavor. The raisins could probably be substituted with other things if you wished, but they were a nice contrast to the other flavors and textures on this plate."