Ham with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Place the ham steak on an ungreased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (0.375 pound) equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 2,441 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer