- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- Place ham steak on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 140°. Cut ham into serving-size pieces. Serve with pineapple salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Pineapple Salsa
Sort By :
"Excellent accompaniment. The only changes I made were to use frozen pineapple chunks and jalapenos from a jar because they were what I had on hand. Actually I think the frozen pineapple would create a fresher taste and less sweet than canned. The result was awesome and I will definitely use it again. We have ham steaks on a regular basis and I am always looking for sauce recipes for it."
"This is just the right amount of "kick" that ham steaks need, with the great taste of fruit. Only had tidbits, but it was wonderful! Thank you"