Ham with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
“A dear friend shared the recipe for Ham with Pineapple Salsa when she moved from Hawaii to Colorado. Now it’s one of my favorite ways to eat ham,” says Dawn Wilson of Buena Vista, Colorado. “I get lots of requests for the recipe when I make it for guests.”
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Place the ham steak on an ungreased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Pineapple Salsa in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p22
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2013
"This is just the right amount of "kick" that ham steaks need, with the great taste of fruit. Only had tidbits, but it was wonderful! Thank you"