Tender slices of this fruit-glazed ham are on our family's Christmas menu every year. Topping the meat with pineapple slices, cherries and cloves makes it look festive--and adds to the flavor of this easy holiday entree. -Christine Eilerts Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced pineapple, drained
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peach or apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on ham with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peach nectar, vinegar and ground cloves. Spoon half of glaze over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Peach Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p33
Reviews for Ham with Peach Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review