Ham with Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1 reduced-sodium semi-boneless fully cooked ham (6 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1. Remove skin from ham. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine orange juice and broth; pour over ham. Sprinkle with cloves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- 3. Remove ham to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain pan drippings; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar and ginger. Stir in pan drippings, oranges and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Thicken if desired. Serve with the ham. Yield: 20 servings (about 3 cups sauce).
One serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.