"I'm always taking dishes to buffets and I wanted to bring a great ham. I came up with this tasty recipe with a special sauce that everyone said was wonderful." Shirley Hewitt, Milwaukie, Oregon
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots, water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p70
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review