"I'm always taking dishes to buffets and I wanted to bring a great ham. I came up with this tasty recipe with a special sauce that everyone said was wonderful." Shirley Hewitt, Milwaukie, Oregon
Featured In: Top 10 Easter Dinner Ideas
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots, water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p70
Reviews for Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
"The orange was definitely the dominant flavor. The sauce is beautiful with the dried cranberries and diced apricots (didn't add the currants). It was very sweet, which complemented the saltiness of the ham."