- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots, water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce).
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
Sort By :
The orange was definitely the dominant flavor. The sauce is beautiful with the dried cranberries and diced apricots (didn't add the currants). It was very sweet, which complemented the saltiness of the ham.