- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots, water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
"The orange was definitely the dominant flavor. The sauce is beautiful with the dried cranberries and diced apricots (didn't add the currants). It was very sweet, which complemented the saltiness of the ham."