Ham with Mixed Fruit
Apple pie filling and fruit cocktail are combined with a little brown sugar to create a sweet chunky sauce that nicely complements ham steaks.
"I make this often for birthdays, and it's delicious," she assures. "It can be reheated, but I never have leftovers.
"For easy cleanup, I sometimes place the ham on a large piece of heavy-duty foil, put the fruit mixture on top, then pull up the co
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham steak, cut into serving-size portions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook ham in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- on each side or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the pie filling,
- fruit cocktail, brown sugar and butter. Cook until heated through,
- stirring twice. Serve with ham. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 429 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,621 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.