Ham with Mixed Fruit Recipe
- 2 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham steak, cut into serving-size portions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ham in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the pie filling, fruit cocktail, brown sugar and butter. Cook until heated through, stirring twice. Serve with ham. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 429 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1621mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Ham with Mixed Fruit
"This is so easy and tasty. I follow the submitter's suggestion to bake in heavy-duty foil. I love it! And my family thinks it's grand."