Ham with Currant Sauce
"This tender ham slice cooks in no time...and the sweet and zippy glaze is so quick to make, with just two ingredients," says Sharon Shaw of Battle Creek, Michigan. "It's an easy main dish for two."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham slice (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a large skillet, bring ham and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer until ham is heated through, turning once. Meanwhile, in
- a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jelly and horseradish. Cover
- and microwave on high for 1-3 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring occasionally. Serve over ham. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 581 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 3,057 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 44 g protein.