This hearty skillet entree is easy to fix and chock-full of garden flavor and nutrition. Plus, it's sure to warm your family right down to their toes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion, celery and carrot in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut the ham steak into four pieces. Cook in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Creamed Vegetables in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p47
Reviews for Ham with Creamed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review