- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion, celery and carrot in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut the ham steak into four pieces. Cook in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham with Creamed Vegetables
Sort By :
"This was a really good recipe. I served it with the Dill Rolls on the same page and a rice pilaf."
"I love this recipe! It's great for using up veggies you may have on hand and I always add about a half chopped small head of cabbage to it! We serve it with sausage as well as ham!"