Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Score the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cranberry sauce, garlic, mustard and pepper; pour over ham.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm; remove and discard cloves.
- 3. Transfer sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice ham and serve with sauce. Yield: 20 servings (4-1/2 cups sauce).
4 ounces ham with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 176 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,218 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer