Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce Recipe
Flag this dish for the times you crave the mouthwatering combo of cranberry, pineapple and stone-ground mustard served with thick slices of smoky boneless ham. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Score the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cranberry sauce, garlic, mustard and pepper; pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm; remove and discard cloves.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice ham and serve with sauce. Yield: 20 servings (4-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >