Ham with Citrus Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place ham on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the orange juice, water, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange and lemon peel. Brush about 3 tablespoons of sauce over ham. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Serve remaining sauce with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,483 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Ham with Citrus Sauce
"I made this citrus sauce with my Easter ham. Everyone loved it! Delicious sauce."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer