Ham with Citrus Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place ham on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the orange juice, water, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange and lemon peel. Brush about 3 tablespoons of sauce over ham. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Serve remaining sauce with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1483mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, trace fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Ham with Citrus Sauce
"I made this citrus sauce with my Easter ham. Everyone loved it! Delicious sauce."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer