Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
In Taylors, South Carolina, Carol Lee Jones often fixes this delicious ham topped with a thick cherry sauce. "It's such a favorite that I've served it at Easter dinners, church breakfasts and a friend's wedding brunch," she writes.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Cherry Sauce in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p20
Reviews for Ham with Cherry Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review