Ham with Apricots Recipe
"A very good friend made this special main dish when I visited for dinner," writes Nancy King of Greenfield, Indiana. "I really like the spiced fruit glaze."
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup syrup; set aside. Cut apricots in half; set aside. Score edges of ham; place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; stir in vinegar and reserved syrup until smooth. Pour over ham. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 3-1/2 minutes. Turn ham; arrange apricots on top. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 6-8 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 979mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Ham with Apricots
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
"Very Good and easy."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC