"A very good friend made this special main dish when I visited for dinner," writes Nancy King of Greenfield, Indiana. "I really like the spiced fruit glaze."
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup syrup; set aside. Cut apricots in half; set aside. Score edges of ham; place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; stir in vinegar and reserved syrup until smooth. Pour over ham. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 3-1/2 minutes. Turn ham; arrange apricots on top. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 6-8 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Apricots in Quick Cooking March/April 1999 , p51