Ham with Apple Raisin Sauce
Since I ran across this recipe several years ago, I've used it often for special dinners. What I really like is the ease of preparation. You don't have a lot of cleanup because everything is done right there in the bag. —Sandy Olberding, Spencer, Iowa
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- Shake flour in the oven roasting bag. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Place the apples, apple juice, raisins, brown
- sugar and cinnamon in the bag; mix well. Place ham in bag. Close
- bag. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads
- 140°. Serve with sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked ham with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 266 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,769 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer