Ham with Apple Raisin Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- 1. Shake flour in the oven roasting bag. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place the apples, apple juice, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in the bag; mix well. Place ham in bag. Close bag. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Serve with sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
6 ounces cooked ham with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 266 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,769 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer