Ham with Almond Cherry Sacue Recipe
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Serve with ham.
- 3. Remove leftover ham from bone and cube. Refrigerate or freeze remaining ham (may be frozen for up to 2 months). Yield: 10-12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
4 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Ham with Almond Cherry Sacue
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer