VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Serve with ham.
- Remove leftover ham from bone and cube. Refrigerate or freeze remaining ham (may be frozen for up to 2 months). Yield: 10-12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ham with Cherry Sauce in Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers 2009, p220