Ham Wafflewiches Recipe
Now that I'm retired, it seems I'm busier than ever. But I always make the time to cook for the family. My kids and grandchildren think these sandwiches are a fun treat.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 16 frozen waffles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ham, mushrooms, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Spread mixture on eight waffles; top with remaining waffles. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add mustard and cheese if desired; stir until smooth. Serve with wafflewiches. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1089mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Ham Wafflewiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC