"I modified a recipe that came with my slow cooker to reduce the fat without sacrificing the flavor," relates Susan Blair of Sterling, Michigan. "I've served this at parties, family dinners and potlucks. Everyone is pleasantly surprised to find they're eating healthy."
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk, wine
- and horseradish. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add the
- spaghetti and cheese to slow cooker; toss to coat. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 290 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as