Ham Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk, wine and horseradish. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add the spaghetti and cheese to slow cooker; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 290 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.