- 8 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; remove core. Scoop out pulp and discard, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Sprinkle celery salt and garlic salt inside tomatoes; invert onto paper towels to drain for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, ham, chives and 2 tablespoons water. Spoon into tomatoes. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through; drizzle over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham-Stuffed Tomatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p62
Reviews for Ham-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review