Ham-Stuffed Squash Boats Recipe
In this tasty main dish, pretty yellow summer squash are mounded with a flavorful filling featuring ham and two kinds of cheese.—Fran Shaffer, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
- 4 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini (about 6 inches)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Chop pulp and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook shells in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside. In another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Add ham, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, egg, paprika, pepper and squash pulp; mix well.
- 3. Spoon into shells. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Ham-Stuffed Squash Boats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC