Ham-Stuffed Squash Boats Recipe
- 4 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini (about 6 inches)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Chop pulp and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook shells in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside. In another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Add ham, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, egg, paprika, pepper and squash pulp; mix well.
- 3. Spoon into shells. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 318 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ham-Stuffed Squash Boats
"That was a great Recipe! I only had Italian bread Crumbs, but they worked great! Very flavorful, easy to make, and made great use of my bounty of squash from the garden. Will be making again."
"I MADE THESE FOR SUPPER TONIGHT. THEY WERE DELICIOUS. THERE WAS TOO MUCH FILLING SO I FIXED ANOTHER SQUASH AND JUST DIDN'T SAVE THE SEEDS PART BUT DID USE THE SQUASH I SCRAPED OUT. ANOTHER GOOD SQUASH RECIPE."