- 4 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini (about 6 inches)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Chop pulp and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook shells in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside. In another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Add ham, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, egg, paprika, pepper and squash pulp; mix well.
- Spoon into shells. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham-Stuffed Squash Boats
Sort By :
That was a great Recipe! I only had Italian Bread Crumbs, but they worked great! Very flavorful, easy to make, and made great use of my bounty of squash from the garden. Will be making again.
I MADE THESE FOR SUPPER TONIGHT. THEY WERE DELICIOUS. THERE WAS TOO MUCH FILLING SO I FIXED ANOTHER SQUASH AND JUST DIDN'T SAVE THE SEEDS PART BUT DID USE THE SQUASH I SCRAPED OUT. ANOTHER GOOD SQUASH RECIPE.