Ham-Stuffed Jumbo Shells Recipe
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Reduce heat; add the ham, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce.
- 3. Drain pasta; stuff each shell with about 3 tablespoons of filing. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika and remaining Swiss cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 274 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Ham-Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.