Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with ham mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 stuffed squash equals 309 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 971 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash
"I, too, was not sure about this dish but I loved it and would definitely make it again."
"I also had doubts, but believed the above review and tried it. It was great! And I knew I would have leftovers, as we are light eaters. I stirred the leftovers with a little more salsa, dropped two eggs on top and baked for 15 minutes. Then I grated a little more pepper jack on top and melted it.Fabulous brunch!"
"I wasn't sure about this recipe but it's amazing! Even my daughter and husband ate it."