Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with ham mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash
"I, too, was not sure about this dish but I loved it and would definitely make it again."
"I also had doubts, but believed the above review and tried it. It was great! And I knew I would have leftovers, as we are light eaters. I stirred the leftovers with a little more salsa, dropped two eggs on top and baked for 15 minutes. Then I grated a little more pepper jack on top and melted it.Fabulous brunch!"
"I wasn't sure about this recipe but it's amazing! Even my daughter and husband ate it."