“At the end of the growing season, we always have a few acorn squash remaining," says Laurina Jo Tucker of La Marque, Texas. "I usually bake the squash with butter and honey, but decided to try something more savory and I came up with this.”
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with ham mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Acorn Squash in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p55
Reviews for Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review