This meat-lover’s breakfast has a big "wow" factor. It’s one of my favorites because the Gruyere, bacon and fresh mushrooms in the topping are a great combination.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Featured In: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (about 1 pound), cut into four pieces
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, cook ham over medium heat 3 minutes. Turn; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook, covered, 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and ham is heated through. Serve with mushroom mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Steaks with Gruyere, Bacon & Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Ham Steaks with Gruyere, Bacon & Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2017
"Great change of pace, especially for someone who is so tired of eggs lol This is so full of flavor; the only slight modification I made was adding 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, dried and chopped, for more flavor and texture."