This meat-lover’s breakfast has a big "wow" factor. It’s one of my favorites because the Gruyere, bacon and fresh mushrooms in the topping are a great combination.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (about 1 pound), cut into four pieces
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, cook ham over medium heat 3 minutes. Turn; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook, covered, 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and ham is heated through. Serve with mushroom mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Steaks with Gruyere, Bacon & Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Ham Steaks with Gruyere, Bacon & Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review