Ham-Spinach Crepe Cups Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1. In a bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to milk mixture and mix until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add 1/4 cup batter. Lift and turn pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Place each crepe in a greased muffin cup or custard cup, arranging the top edge in flutes. Place a small ball of foil in the center of each cup to hold the shape. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove foil.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce; stir until smooth. Stir in ham and spinach; heat through. Spoon into the hot crepe cups and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Crepes can be made ahead. Stack cooled unfilled crepes with plastic wrap between. Cover tightly or seal in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Then shape and bake as directed.