Ham Spaghetti Skillet Recipe
From San Antonio, Texas, Edna Shaver shares this satisfying skillet of ham, chicken and spaghetti that's tossed in a creamy sauce. For make-ahead convenience, assemble it in a casserole the day before and store it in the fridge.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender; reduce heat; to low. Drain spaghetti.
- 2. Add the spaghetti, ham, chicken, sour cream, cottage cheese, celery salt, salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 618 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 1,691 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC