From San Antonio, Texas, Edna Shaver shares this satisfying skillet of ham, chicken and spaghetti that's tossed in a creamy sauce. For make-ahead convenience, assemble it in a casserole the day before and store it in the fridge.
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender; reduce heat; to low. Drain spaghetti.
- Add the spaghetti, ham, chicken, sour cream, cottage cheese, celery salt, salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Spaghetti Skillet in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p45
Reviews for Ham Spaghetti Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review