- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1 inch thick and 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground ginger
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ham in butter. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place pineapple over ham; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over ham and pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until ham is heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2016
"Made this tonight it was wonderful!"
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2013
"First tried this recipe from another site. It is excellent. Quick, easy and very tasteful. My husband loves it."