Ham Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 cups diced fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans and almonds, toasted
- Cantaloupe wedges, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Fold in ham. Refrigerate. Add nuts and toss. Serve over cantaloupe if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 492 calories, 40g fat (7g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1804mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Ham Salad
"Hubby and I both enjoyed this one. Super easy to prepare and its so tasty. Even better the next day. I did not have any pecans but next time I definitely will add them. I did not add an Honey to the mixture. I really liked the crunchy celery. And the addition of both mustard and Worcestershire sauce. It seemed to mellow out and lighten up the mayo based dressing. It was very good on Bread, Toast and Crackers.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"I slow cooked a small ham for this and it turned out great. The variety of spices really bring out some great flavors. The honey adds a nice touch of sweetness."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.