I first made this for a shower...everyone raved about it. Now when I go to a potluck, I take it, and copies of the recipe.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 cups diced fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans and almonds, toasted
- Cantaloupe wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Fold in ham. Refrigerate. Add nuts and toss. Serve over cantaloupe if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review