Ham Salad Spread
My family has enjoyed this hearty ham salad spread for years. It came to be an unexpected leftover every time we had ham for a special dinner. Recently, I decided to measure the ingredients, write down the recipe and pass it on to my daughter and daughter-in-law. They encouraged me to share it with Reminisce readers.
-Marcella Kulp, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine
- mayonnaise and mustard; add to ham mixture and mix well. Refrigerate
- until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 97 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.