Ham Salad Puffs
Flecked with pimientos and chives, this fast, flavorful ham salad boasts crunchy pecans, tart pineapple and chewy raisins. A Test Kitchen change-of-pace twist on traditional recipes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cream puff shells
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, sour cream, chives and
- pepper. Pour over ham mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate
- until serving. Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup ham salad into
- each cream puff shell; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 524 calories, 38 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 1,129 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot