- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked small shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Additional dill weed, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once, stirring until smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Prick the puff with a fork. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the ham, celery, shrimp, green pepper, onions, mayonnaise, dill, salt and pepper. Line puff with lettuce; fill with ham mixture. Garnish with dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Salad Puff in Country Woman March/April 2000, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham Salad Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review