Ham Salad Pineapple Boats
These bountiful "boats" hold a chunky mixture of ham, pineapple, celery and green pepper dressed with a blend of mayonnaise and mustard. "We love this light meal, especially during the summer," says Carol Shafer of Manhattan Beach, California.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- Stand pineapple upright and cut in half, leaving the top attached.
- Remove fruit, leaving a 1-in. shell. Chop fruit; set aside 1 cup for
- salad and refrigerate the remaining fruit for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the ham,
- celery, green pepper and reserved pineapple. Spoon into pineapple
- halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 436 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.