These bountiful "boats" hold a chunky mixture of ham, pineapple, celery and green pepper dressed with a blend of mayonnaise and mustard. "We love this light meal, especially during the summer," says Carol Shafer of Manhattan Beach, California.
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- Stand pineapple upright and cut in half, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit, leaving a 1-in. shell. Chop fruit; set aside 1 cup for salad and refrigerate the remaining fruit for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the ham, celery, green pepper and reserved pineapple. Spoon into pineapple halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham Salad Pineapple Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham Salad Pineapple Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review