Ham Rolls Continental Recipe
A neighbor shared many recipes with me when I was a newlywed. This is one I still use on a regular basis. With ham, broccoli and a creamy sauce, it's a pretty dish to serve to guests.
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 5-inch square)
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese (about 4-inch square)
- 6 thin slices cheddar cheese (about 4-inch square)
- 12 frozen broccoli spears, thawed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1. Top each ham slice with a slice of Swiss cheese, a slice of cheddar and two broccoli spears (floret ends out); roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange onion rings on top.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over center of ham rolls.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Ham Rolls Continental
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC