Ham Potato Skillet Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In the skillet, layer half of the potatoes, salt, pepper, onions, green pepper and ham; repeat layers. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Pour eggs over the top. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with egg substitute and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 821 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.