- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In the skillet, layer half of the potatoes, salt, pepper, onions, green pepper and ham; repeat layers. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour eggs over the top. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Potato Skillet
"This was so good. My boyfriend had 3 helpings and another serving for lunch the next day. Definitely will make this again."
"I never got to taste this, but my family did and they apparently loved it and ate the whole thing. Was very easy and simple and had good old-fashioned flavors that most everyone loves. I did not have green pepper on hand so in place of that I used some fresh snipped chives for color which worked great. However, the one problem I had was that even keeping the skillet on the lowest heat possible and cooking it for the minimum time it burnt to the pan and I ended up scraping the stuff on the bottom into the trash. I checked the instructions and there was no direction on what kind of skillet to use. I used a cast iron skillet. Other than that, good recipe."
"My family LOVED this recipe, and are already asking me to make it again and double it!Very easy to make & delicious!"
"I loved this! I was worried the potatoes would not cook through, but they did! My husband and I split this dish for dinner and enjoyed it."
"Makes a quick, easy supper with ingredients you always have on hand!"