Sharon Crider uses up leftover ham to create this stovetop supper. "The delicious combination is great to serve anytime," says the Junction City, Kansas cook.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In the skillet, layer half of the potatoes, salt, pepper, onions, green pepper and ham; repeat layers. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour eggs over the top. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Ham Skillet in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p52
Reviews for Ham Potato Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review