Ham Potato Scallop
"It's simple to jazz up a box of scalloped potatoes and pop them in the oven while the kids are doing their homework," says Jennifer Skipper of Great Lakes, Illinois. "This meal disappears in a hurry whenever I serve it."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes with sauce
- mix, boiling water and butter. Stir in milk, ham and beans. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are
- tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 440 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,785 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.