"I love to serve these pretty pinwheels with fresh salsa and jalapenos on the side!" says Deanna Phillips of Ferndale, Washington. Pair with soup or salad for a quick lunch or treat your guests to these wraps as appetizers.
Featured In: Fig Recipes
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread 2 tablespoons beans over each tortilla. Layer with spinach and ham; sprinkle with egg and cheeses. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into six slices. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ham Pinwheels in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p11
Reviews for Ham Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2010
"These were really good. But I had trouble keeping the tortilla from tearing and keeping it all wrapped. I subbed turkey slices for the ham and also used colby/monterey and sharp chedder. My kids are begging for more."