Ham Pecan Pitas
"For a delightfully different twist on ham salad, try this hearty variation," suggests Bea John of Dixon, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spoon into pita
- bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.